The Kaufman Law Firm
The Kaufman Law Firm Represent the victims of Employment and Labor law through out the Westlake Village California. The firm has recovered over $50 million on behalf of wronged employees. Call at 818-990-1999 today.
The Kaufman Law Firm 818-990-1999
4195 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Suite 250 Westlake Village CA 91362
Westlake Village (818) 990-1999
Los Angeles (310) 981-3404
What are your rights after losing your job?
On behalf of The Kaufman Law Firm posted in Employee Rights on Monday, August 21, 2017.

In California, most employees know how it feels to be between jobs. No matter how diligent and hard working you may be, there can still be a time when you have left one position without having another one lined up. This can be a stressful and financially unstable time, As such, it is important to know your rights and try to ensure that your transition from your previous job goes as smoothly as possible.

If you have been dismissed from your job, there are certain things to which you are entitled by law. However, not every employer adheres to these rules and you could find yourself left short if you do not take action. Do not be afraid to stand up for what is rightfully yours. Whether you have gone unpaid, been driven out of your job or even been unfairly dismissed, there is help available.

As this article on employment law explains, there are laws in many states that govern how long your employer has to pay you after dismissing you. If you do not receive your final paycheck within this window, they may be breaking the law. Similarly, you may be entitled to severance pay and even the continuation of your health care coverage for a set amount of time subsequent to your dismissal.

If you feel that you have been unfairly treated by your employer, or you have any questions about your rights as an employee, an attorney may be able to assist you. It can be difficult to navigate employment law without specific knowledge of the subject, especially when you are trying to focus on finding new employment. However, your attorney may be able to offer the guidance you need and help you pursue the compensation and fair resolution to your case that you deserve.

Share on: